Thursday, July 8, 2010

Drawing closer...

Here we are in July already. Sometimes it feels like only a day has passed since Echo was diagnosed, others it feels as though we have been going through this forever! The range of emotions is crazy. There is good news always sprinkled with bad. Today I am having a bad day trying to cope with everything. My poor girl is feeling real lonely at the hospital today while I work.

We meet with her doctor, who will do her surgery, this last Tuesday, Dr Jones. I really appreciate him talking to me and answering all my stupid questions: ) It is hard to ask questions when you aren't really hearing all of what is said from shock and such. I know nothing about bones and a lot of the words I don't understand. Anyhow her Dad did not come to this appointment? Well he gave me three options for surgery which most likely will be on August 3-

1:Amputation
2:Allograft or autograft
3:Rotationplasty

Echo's cancer has a small chance of recurrence no matter which option we choose. None of the options will be without complications, a LIFETIME of complications because she is so young. But did you hear that word I just mentioned LIFETIME? She will be alive. The hardest decision so far in my life. I am going to educate myself as much as possible, reach out to other families who have made these decisions, and pray for guidance.

Echo is currently in the hospital getting her chemo and all is going well with that this time. By "well" I mean she doesn't eat, got some ouchy cold sores, has many accidents, and has had a little pain. It could be and has been worse so this time is going "well". I wish I could take this all away from her she is my angel that's all.
Only one more round before surgery.

One website that has been extremely helpful!! Check it out for all your answers.
www.liddyshriversarcomainitiative.org

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update sweety. Don't fret too much about the decisions, you're such a devoted and unselfish mom, and no matter what the outcome, I know that you are thinking it out carefully, so whatever it is you decide, I know it's the best option a parent can make. What did he say to make you believe she will make it through, you didn't give a clue to that, but I knew in my heart that she is going to make through. Still I'm sitting here with a HUGE lump in my throat, and wishing the same thing; that I could take this ALL away from you. Glad to hear all is going "well" this time, sad to say she's probably getting used to it by now. Well, keep your spirits up like you have been, and don't forget to kiss and hug them all for us. Love ya, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA for Rotation-Plasty!!!! Whooo hooo!!!! I'm so jacked now!!!

    ReplyDelete